This two-ingredient peanut butter fudge recipe is super easy to make and as the name suggests it requires only two ingredients. Make this peanut butter fudge with creamy peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk within minutes. This easy dessert is going to be one of your favorite dessert recipes which is made with simple ingredients and does not require the use of a candy thermometer. It is a very simple recipe.
This easy peanut butter fudge recipe is a perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth. This 2-ingredient fudge recipe is one of the creamiest fudges and delicious fudge recipes you will get your hands on.
Are you a fan for simple and natural peanut butter recipes and a peanut butter lover? Try my Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies and Peanut Butter Cookies. Also, do not forget to try my great recipe for Peanut Butter Bread.
Table of Contents
why this recipe works?
- This is a 5-minute and super easy fudge recipe.
- You only need two basic ingredients for this traditional fudge recipe.
- This quick dessert is best for your instant candy fix.
- This creamy texture of the fudge has a melt-in-your-mouth texture.
- Serve this homemade fudge during holiday season or special occasions.
what is fudge?
Fudge was first made during the 1800's by combining sugar, butter and cream. The first part was to boil the fudge until it reaches a soft-ball texture which will be around 135 - 140 F. Then the fudge is mixed well and poured in prepared tins to cool.
Once cooled, the fudges are cut into small pieces. The texture of these fudges are soft and chewy. The best part is that fudges are usually super simple to make and are a no bake dessert.
Want to know more about fudge? Read this article on Food Network.
ingredients & substitutions for 2-ingredient peanut butter fudge
Pro Tip # 1
Always use room temperature ingredients for baking (unless otherwise specified) as they incorporate better and give perfect baked treats.
- Peanut Butter (creamy): I prefer to use Creamy Peanut Butter (18 oz) at room temperature. You may use Crunchy Peanut Butter instead of the creamy peanut butter if you like crunchy fudge. Add ½ cup of Peanut Butter Chips for an extra creamy peanut butter flavor.
- Condensed Milk: 16 oz pack. You may also use vanilla frosting (16 oz), chocolate frosting or cream cheese frosting instead of the condensed milk and follow the same instructions.
- Sea salt: use flaky sea salt for sprinkle over the peanut butter fudge squares or pieces.
- Vanilla Extract: Add a splash of vanilla extract to the candy for more flavor.
- Nuts: Add ¼ cup of chopped walnuts or pecans for a crunchy and nuttier candy.
- Toppings: Sprinkle the toppings of your choice over the peanut butter fudge in the pan such as sprinkles, walnuts, dark chocolate chips to create swirls of melted chocolate or white chocolate.
how to make 2-ingredient peanut butter fudge
These are basic process shots for this recipe. For detailed instructions refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1. Melt the peanut butter in a medium sized saucepan over the stove at medium-low heat.
2. Once the peanut butter has melted, add the condensed milk.
3. Mix both the ingredients together.
4. Once both the ingredients have mixed take it off the heat.
5. Pour the fudge mixture into the 8'' baking pan lined with parchment paper.
6. Level the top with spatula.
7. Sprinkle sea salt on the peanut butter candy.
8. Let it sit in the fridge for 2 hours until it is set. Cut pieces and serve.
alternate microwave method
- Microwave Oven Method: Use microwave oven instead of using the stove for this recipe. Place the peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave peanut butter in 30-seconds interval until it has melted. Once melted add the condensed milk, give it a good stir and pour into the baking pan.
Melting the peanut butter: Ensure that you only heat the peanut butter until it is melted. We do not want to boil the peanut butter as it will not set properly later.
Use a sharp knife: Use a sharp knife to cut the pieces of the peanut butter fudge neatly.
No, it will also be hard to set and will not help to get the desired consistency for the creamy fudge that we want. Whipped cream has the wrong consistency to set as a fudge.
Yes absolutely, this is a simple and fool proof recipe and you can easily double or triple the recipe and will get the same perfect results. If you are doubling the recipe use a 9 x 13 inch pan instead of the 8'' pan.
I typically use the creamy peanut butter for a creamy and velvety texture of the peanut butter, however, you can easily use the chunky peanut butter for this delicious dessert.
how to store peanut butter fudge
- The leftover fudge creamy candy will stay good for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Place the candy in an airtight container.
- Freeze the peanut butter fudge for up to three months. Wrap each fudge piece in a plastic wrap and further add a layer of foil. Place the pieces in an airtight container or Ziploc bag in the freezer.
related peanut butter recipes
Did you make this recipe and loved it? Give it a 5-star 🌟 rating with a comment. Join our Now Delish newsletter to get a free ebook and weekly recipes. Stay connected on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Tiktok as well.
2-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge
- 8'' baking pan.
- Medium-sized saucepan
- Rubber Spatula
- Parchment paper.
- 2 cup creamy peanut butter (18 oz/510 g)
- 1 can condensed milk (14 oz/396 g)
- Line an 8'' baking pan with parchment paper.
- Heat the peanut butter in a medium sized saucepan.
- Once the peanut butter has melted, add the condensed milk.
- Stir until both ingredients have combined.
- Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and spread it evenly with a spatula.
- Let it sit in the fridge for 2 hours until set.
- Cut the pieces with a sharp knife and serve.