Brownie bread is a brownie presented in the form of a quick bread. The creamy and silky chocolate ganache enhances the chocolate flavor of this loaf. The texture of the brownie bread is tender and light with moist crumbs. This recipe is unique and different and you'll just love it. Like more brownies? Try my Easy Chocolate Brownies, Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting and Condensed Milk Brownies as well.
Who doesn't like brownies? Afterall, the combination of cocoa and chocolate chips is certainly a treat for all the chocolate lovers . To be honest this recipe takes brownies a step further by making it in the form of a bread. You do not need a box of brownie mix. We will make this hot fudge brownie bread recipe from scratch.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works?
- This is the best brownie cake.
- This recipe requires a few pantry ingredients.
- You'll need 90 minutes to prepare this loaf.
- Serve this with tea or at gatherings.
- This fudgy chocolate bread is a perfect dessert.
- This is such a decadent brownie cake.
- It is a perfect treat to end a meal.
Pro Tip # 1 - Room Temperature Ingredients
Always use room temperature ingredients (unless otherwise specified) for baking. Ingredients such as butter, eggs and other dairy ingredients like milk, sour cream, yogurt form an emulsion by trapping air inside the batter. The trapped air expands in the oven resulting in perfect baked treats.
- All-purpose flour: gives structure to this quick bread.
- Dutch Process Cocoa Powder: use high-quality cocoa powder to give a dark color to the brownie bread.
- Chocolate Chips: use high-quality chocolate chips for best possible results.
- Eggs: use large eggs for this recipe.
- Vegetable Oil: provides moisture to this cake.
- Granulated Sugar: for sweetness.
- Chocolate chips: main ingredient for this ganache.
- Heavy cream
Pro Tip # 2 - Digital Scale
Use a digital scale to measure all-purpose flour and other dry ingredients. To measure with cup, fluff up the all-purpose flour container using a spoon, then scoop out the flour with spoon into the measuring cup. Never scoop out of the container. It may result in more flour than required resulting in dense bakes.
These are basic process shots for this recipe. For detailed instructions refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1. Whisk together the all-purpose flour, Dutch cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
2. Additionally, beat the eggs and sugar together until double in size. Now add chocolate and beat.
3. Add water and beat at a low speed until combined.
4. Add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
5. Using a whisk mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
6. Pour the batter into the baking pan at 325 F for 75 minutes. Take out of the oven once a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 9 x 5 inch pan.
- Mixing bowls.
- Rubber spatula.
- Measuring cups and spoons.
- Digital scale.
- Cooking spray or baking spray.
- Parchment paper.
- Caramel Sauce: Once the brownie bread is ready drizzle over the caramel sauce on the top of the loaf instead of the chocolate ganache for a rich caramel-ish taste.
- Coconut Oil: Substitute coconut oil for vegetable oil in 1:1 ratio for this recipe.
- Nuts: Add nuts of your choice such as walnuts, pecans or almonds in this chocolate loaf cake batter. Additionally, Add ½ cup of any nut of your choice to further enhance the flavor.
- Vanilla Ice cream: Serve the piece of cake with a scoop of ice cream of your choice. I like to serve it with vanilla but feel free to serve with any ice cream of your choice.
Do Not Overbake: Check this cake in about 70 minutes and take it out once a cake tester in the center of the loaf comes out clean accordingly. If the cake remains a little longer than expected in the oven it will be dry, which is something you would want to avoid.
Cool It Completely: Let the cake cool down on a wire rack before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
I haven't tried this chocolate cake with almond flour or gluten free flour. So, I have no clue. I think it might work fine.
Yes, you may. Pour the cake batter in the prepared loaf pans and bake. Just keep an eye on the baking time as it will be around 15 - 30 minutes.
Absolutely. Use 8'' or 9'' cake pan to make this cake instead of the regular bread pan. It will be just fine. You may want to adjust the baking time because of a different pan.
How To Store
- If you want to save the brownie cake pieces do not apply the chocolate ganache.
- Store the cake pieces in an airtight container over the counter for up to 2 days.
- The cake pieces can be stored in the fridge for upto 4 days.
- Wrap the chocolate cake pieces in a plastic wrap and then add a layer of aluminum foil to it. Store the pieces in a ziploc bag or an airtight container and store in the freezer for upto 3 months. When you are ready to serve it, take it out of the freezer and let the cake pieces sit in the fridge overnight or at room temperature.
Did you make this recipe and loved it? Give it a 5-star 🌟 rating with a comment. Join our Now Delish newsletter to get a free ebook and weekly recipes. Stay connected on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Tiktok as well.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
- 9 x 5 baking pan.
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing bowls
- Cooking spray/baking spray.
- Parchment paper.
- Mixing bowls
- Digital Scale
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour (150 g)
- ½ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder (60 g)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (170 g)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda (1.42 g)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs (large) room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup castor sugar (250 g)
- ½ cup vegetable oil (113 ml)
- ¾ cup water (room temperature)
- ½ cup chocolate chips (85 g)
- ¼ cup heavy cream (60 ml)
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Prepare a 9 x 5 inch pan with a baking spray and line it with parchment paper in the bottom.
- Take a medium-sized pan and add chocolate chips in it. Melt it in the microwave in 30 seconds interval. Stir after each interval and repeat the process until the chocolate is completely melted. It will take between 90 - 120 seconds depending on your microwave. Let it sit to cool a bit
- Take another medium sized bowl and add all-purpose flour, dutch processed cocoa, baking soda and salt. Whisk.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy for about 5 - 6 minutes. The eggs will be double in size.
- Add in the melted chocolate, vegetable oil and water. Beat again for a minute until it is smooth.
- Add in the dry ingredients and beat on low speed until incorporated well.
- Pour the brownie cake batter in the prepared cake loaf pan and bake for about 70 - 85 minutes. Start checking around 70 minutes and if a cake tester or tooth pick inserted comes out clean with a few moist crumbs, then the cake is ready.
- Take it out and let it sit in the cake pan for 10 minute and then transfer on a wire rack and let it cool.
- Take a medium sized microwave safe bowl and add chocolate chips and heave cream to it.
- Place in the microwave and melt in 30-seconds interval until smooth and creamy.
- It will take about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Allow the ganache to cool down completely before applying on the brownie cake.