Are you a fan of homemade and handmade snacks? These chocolate covered pecans are the best idea for appetizers or snacking. These little bites of crunchy pecan are wrapped in a thick heavenly chocolate coating. This recipe requires a few basic ingredients and 20 minutes. Do you like chocolate? Then you'll love my Condensed Milk Brownies, Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake, Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake, Authentic Dark Chocolate Bundt Cake and Coca Cola Cake.
Out of all the nuts, I love pecans the best and find ways to incorporate them in my bakes, cooking, salads or just have them as is. If you are a pecan lover like me you will like my Butter Pecan Cookies, Southern Pecan Praline Cake, Brown Sugar Pecan Coffee Cake, Turtle Cookies, Praline Apple Bread and Pecan Upside Down Cake.
Pecans have only one gram of net carb per serving, you can enjoy them guilt-free. These chocolate covered pecans are great for diet conscious people who follow keto and paleo diets.
Table of Contents
why this recipe works?
- Easy to Make: Want some snack and don't want to invest in a complicated recipe. Get your hands on this one and make these small bites effortlessly in less than 30 minutes.
- Perfect balance of salt and sugar: While you can imagine these little crunchy bites will be sweet because of the chocolate but there is a sweet balance of salt and sugar, which makes these little bites more desirable.
- Only 4-ingredients: The best part is that you only require only four basic ingredients.
- Elegant Appetizer & Perfect Crunchy Bites: These chocolate pecans are the best options to adorn your tables with.
ingredients & substitutions for chocolate covered pecans
- Pecans: The raw pecans are the main ingredient of this recipe. Get high-quality pecan halves. If you are out of pecans then use any other nut of your choice such as almonds, cashew nuts, walnuts, macadamia nuts or peanuts.
- Coconut Oil: I use organic coconut oil. Replace coconut oil with a 1:1 ratio of heavy whipping cream.
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips: Use high-quality semi-sweet chocolate morsels for great results. Use any sort of chocolate in this recipe including white chocolate or milk chocolate.
- Sea Salt: Sea salt will balance the sugar and will enhance the flavor.
how to make chocolate covered pecans
These are basic process shots for this recipe. For detailed instructions refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Place the pecan halves on the silicone mat in a baking tray and bake them at 350 F for 8 – 10 minutes, until the pecans are crisp and fragrant. Let them cool for 30 minutes.
2. Next, in a microwave safe bowl add semi-sweet chocolate chips, coconut oil and salt. Melt them in 30-seconds increments until the chocolate has melted completely. Will take anywhere from 2 - 4 minutes.
3. Using a fork, dip the pecans in chocolate and place them on the silicone mat.
4. One-by-one dip all the pecans in chocolate and place them on the baking tray.
5. Once finished coating all the pecans, place them in the baking trays in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
- Use these pecan halves as a crunch topping for your ice-creams.
- Sprinkle them over frostings on cakes and cupcakes.
- Incorporate them into cake and pancake batter.
Chocolate Melting Method: While I find melting the chocolate in microwave is easier and time saving, you can do the same with a double boiler. A double boiler will take more time to melt but it will give you the same result as the microwave.
Fancy Look: To get a fancy look of the roasted pecans, dip half portion of the pecan in the chocolate and sprinkle sea salt over it before the chocolate has set.
Clusters: You can form clusters of 5 - 8 pecans after dipping them in the chocolate.
Do Not Store Them at Room Temperature: Store these candies in the fridge or freezer or the chocolate will start melting and will leave your hands in mess. Whenever you want to have some, take them out of the refrigerator and enjoy.
Yes you can double or triple the recipe.
To make this recipe paleo use coconut sugar and dairy or soy free chocolate.
how to store
- Keep the chocolate covered pecans in refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
- You can also freeze them for 2 – 3 months.
Related pecan recipes
Did you make this recipe and loved it? Give it a 5-star 🌟 rating with a comment. Join our Now Delish newsletter to get a free ebook and weekly recipes. Stay connected on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Tiktok as well.
Chocolate Covered Pecans
- 1 Baking Tray
- 1 silicone mat or parchment paper
- 1 Fork or Tong
- 1 Microwave safe bowl.
- 1 cup pecan halves (125 g)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (14 g)
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (85 g)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (7 g)
- Preheat the oven to325 F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Spread the pecan halves on the silicone mat and place the baking tray in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes.Let the roasted pecans cool for 30 minutes before the next step.
- Take a medium sized microwave safe bowl and add the semi-sweet chocolate chips and coconut oil.Melt for 30 seconds intervals. Mix after each interval until the chocolate is melted (fully).
- Take a fork and pickup one pecan at a time and dip it in the melted chocolate.
- Place the individual chocolate covered pecans on a parchment paper or silicone sheet. Sprinkle the sea salt over the pecans right after dipping it in the melted chocolate or the chocolate will harden.
- Repeat the processuntil all the pecans are coated.
- Allow the chocolate pecans to rest so that the chocolate can set. You may also place the baking in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.