These bakery style Chocolate Chip Muffins are scrumptious and delicious. The muffins are loaded with the semi-sweet chocolate chips that melt in the mouth. These muffins have a crisp tall muffin top with a velvety, buttery and light texture inside. It is an easy chocolate chip muffins recipe and you can't be happier with the results. Eat them with a cup of morning coffee or enjoy at any other time of the day. This is the best chocolate chip muffin recipe with right amount of sweetness and chocolate flavor. Period.
These little individual quick breads are packed with chocolate and will satisfy any sweet tooth out there. To be honest, what can even possibly go wrong with chocolate chips packed in muffins?
Love muffins like me try my Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, Old-Fashioned Blueberry Muffins, Peach Cobbler Muffins and Vegan Blackberry Muffins .
Why This Recipe Works?
- This recipe is super easy to make.
- You will get the best results with this easy recipe.
- This is a great recipe for perfect chocolate chip muffins.
- The semisweet chocolate chips are the hero of these muffins.
- These muffins have a tender crumb and are light and fluffy. They are rich in flavor.
- You only need a few simple ingredients to bake these muffins.
Table of Contents
Muffins Are Quick Breads
According to history references, muffins originated back in the 19th century in North America. They can be sweet or savory in taste. Sweet muffins are more common and consumed in breakfasts across the U.S. These quick breads take less time to bake and the individual-sized bakes, as it suggests, are great for individuals. Fruits, berries, nuts or chocolate chips elevates the taste and texture of muffins.
What makes a good muffin? A fool-proof recipe of muffin batter that will give you a nice crispy muffin top and moist and fluffy texture.
If you are a muffin lover like me and want to make bakery-style muffins visit my Muffins page. You'll find a lot of moist, light, tall and fluffy muffins recipes that will give you perfect results every single time.
- All-purpose flour: the base for the structure of this recipe which will make a thick batter.
- Baking powder + Baking soda: the leavening agent in this muffin recipe.
- Butter: the fat content for these muffins which will give moisture and taste.
- Sour cream: adds tangy flavor to these muffins.
- Eggs: binding agent for the batter and adds moisture.
- Milk: responsible for moist and light crumb of the muffins.
- Chocolate Chip Morsels: hero of these muffins
- Set the oven temperature at 375 F. Arrange a muffin tin with paper liners or muffin cups or spray the pan with baking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl sift together all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk and set aside.
- Take a large separate bowl and beat butter until it is creamy.
- Add sugar and beat until the butter is light and creamy.
- Add eggs, one by one, and mix until each addition of eggs and until they are incorporated well.
- Stir in vanilla extract and sour cream and beat again.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and beat just until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips in the batter.
- Using an ice-cream scoop pour the batter in the muffins pan until the liners are filled by three-quarters, leaving a little space for it to raise evenly.
- Bake the muffins for 16 – 19 minutes, until the wooden skewer or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the sides are golden brown. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Muffin tin.
- Paper liners or muffin cups.
- Measuring cups and spoons.
- Digital scale.
- Rubber spatula.
- Mixing bowls.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: Use mini chocolate chips in place of semi-sweet chocolate chips in 1:1 ratio.
- Nuts: Add ¼ cup of nuts of your choice such as pecans and walnuts in the muffin batter.
- Vegetable Oil: You may use the vegetable oil in 1:1 ratio for butter in this recipe. Vegetable oil will give you a light crumb for the muffins.
Do not Overmix: One important thing to remember is to make sure that just add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix it or the gluten strands in all-purpose flour will be activated that will result in tough and hard muffins.
How To Store
- These muffins will stay fresh for up to 3 day on the counter. Place them in an airtight container.
- Store these muffins in an airtight container or a ziploc bag in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Freeze these muffins for up to 3 months easily. Wrap each muffin in a plastic wrap and additionally add a layer of foil. Save the muffins in a Zip-loc bag or an airtight container. Place them in the freezer.
- Thaw the muffins overnight in the refrigerator before serving these muffins.
Did you make this recipe and loved it? Give it a 5-star 🌟 rating with a comment. Join our Now Delish newsletter to get a free ebook and weekly recipes. Stay connected on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Tiktok as well.
Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 12-muffin baking pan
- Muffin liners
- Digital Scale
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- ice-cream scoop
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour (220 g)
- 1 cup castor sugar (200 g)
- ½ cup butter (115 g) room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (10 g)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (5 g)
- ½ cup yogurt or sour cream (125 g)
- ½ cup milk (100 ml)
- 2 eggs (large)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract (10 g)
- 1 ½ cup chocolate morsels (235 g) + ⅓ cup to sprinkle on muffins
- Set the oven rack in the middle position and preheat the oven to 375 F. Arrange a12-muffin pan with liners or spray the pan with baking spray (with flour in it)and set aside.
- Take a medium sized bowl and sift together all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Add eggs, one by one, and mix after each incorporation. Stir in vanilla and sour cream as well.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips in the batter.
- Using an ice-cream scoop pour the batter in the muffins pan until it is filled by three-quarters, leaving a little space for it to raise evenly.
- Bake the muffins for about 16 – 19 minutes, until the wooden skewer or tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean and the sides are golden brown.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring them on a wire rack to cool completely.