This Nutella milkshake is straight coming from heaven. With only three ingredients and just a few minutes on hand you can make this creamy, delicious, rich, decadent and refreshing milkshake. It is a perfect answer to your Nutella cravings.
Milkshakes are simply amazing sweet treats that you can make with little or no effort. My all time favorites are Strawberry Banana Milkshake, Oreo Milkshake Without Ice Cream, Banana Oreo Milkshake and this ultimate Cheesecake Milkshake.
Above all I always like to keep my hands on this good chocolate inspired milkshake as I am a chocolate lover. The chocolate hazelnut spread and nutella have always remained a favorite and thus this milkshake is absolutely critical to make every now and then.
Table of Contents
what is nutella milkshake?
It is a milkshake made with Nutella.
Nutella is a sweetened hazelnut spread which was invented in 1960's. Since then it has become an integral part of people's lives. Nutella is made using ingredients such as a sugar, hazelnut and cocoa solids and skimmed milk.
This creamy soft hazelnut spread is so luscious that many (including me) can eat it straight out of the jar. Make cakes, milkshakes, cupcakes and what not using Nutella as the main ingredient.
why this recipe works?
- This nutella milkshake has only 4 ingredients.
- You need only a few minutes to make this.
- It is a luscious treat to consume on a hot summer day.
- You can try so many variations with this nutella milkshake. It is a versatile recipe.
ingredients & substitutions for nutella milkshake
- Milk: use whole milk for this milkshake. You can use any vegan, plant based or low fat milk as well.
- Nutella: use at room temperature.
- Vanilla Ice cream: Use full fat ice cream of high quality for best results.
- Vegan Milkshake: to make this milkshake vegan, use vegan milk, vegan Nutella and vegan ice cream of your choice (vanilla or chocolate go best.
how to make nutella milkshake?
These are basic process shots for this recipe. For detailed instructions refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Add all the ingredients in the blender jar.
2. Blend until smooth.
- Spread Nutella around the edges and inside the glass which will add more beauty to the milkshake.
- Serve this milkshake with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Serve this milkshake with chocolate shavings on the top of the whipped cream.
Thickness: Adjust the thickness of the milkshake as per your liking. If you like thick milkshake (like me), use less milk. If you like it runny add more milk to it.
Ice: is optional but I recommend using it especially on a hot summer day.
Add Milk and Ice Cream before adding the nutella or it might stick to the blender.
To make it vegan use vegan milk, vegan ice cream and vegan Nutella and it will be a vegan milkshake.
Yes, it is very easy to double or triple the recipe. It depends on the size of your jug as well. Do not overfill the blender or it will spill during blending.
Yes, use a food processor or a hand blender to make this milkshake easily. You can also use a hand whisk to do so.
how to store
- It is best to consume this milkshake right away. If you have some leftover milkshake cover the glass with a plastic wrap and place in the fridge for up to a day.
related milkshake recipes
Did you make this recipe and loved it? Give it a 5-star 🌟 rating with a comment. Join our Now Delish newsletter to get a free ebook and weekly recipes. Stay connected on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Tiktok as well.
- Serving glass.
- ½ cup whole milk (118 ml)
- 5 tablespoon nutella (93 g)
- 1 ½ cup vanilla ice cream (225 g)
- ⅓ cup ice cubes (optional)
- Place the milk, ice cream and nutella in a blender jar.
- Add ice if you would like. It is optional.
- Blend for 35 - 45 seconds, until the milkshake is smooth and frothy.
- Pour in the glasses and decorate with whipped cream and nutella. Serve immediately.