Peri Peri mayonnaise is a simple, flavorful and spicy sauce that can add wonders to your simple meals. Inspired by the famous Nandos restaurant, this condiment is super simple and very delicious which will enhance the taste of anything you eat it with. Enjoy this dip with Masala Fries or Chicken Bread.
This version of mayonnaise is inspired by the famous South African Nandos restaurant found chain across the globe. They are known for their grilled chicken basted with peri peri sauce that is just amazing.
Due to its affiliation with Nandos this creamy mayonnaise is also called perinaise.
Table of Contents
why this recipe works?
- It requires a few ingredients.
- This peri-peri mayonnaise is super simple to make.
- Enjoy it with a variety of foods such as sandwiches, salads or gyros.
- The creaminess of a mayonnaise dip is just amazing.
ingredients & substitutions for peri peri mayonnaise
- Mayonnaise: use full fat version of mayonnaise for best results. You may also use vegan mayonnaise or light mayonnaise. In case of using the light mayonnaise the texture and taste may a bit different.
- Cayenne Pepper: for taste. You may also use peri-peri chills or green chillies and add it as per your taste.
- Garlic (chopped): to enhance the flavor.
- Paprika Powder: to add spiciness.
- Salt: to balance spices.
- Lemon juice: to add tanginess.
- Black Pepper: Add ½ teaspoon of black pepper to make it slightly spicy dip.
- Sriracha Sauce: To make this dip even more spicier, add ½ teaspoon of Sriracha sauce to it.
how to make peri peri mayonnaise
These are basic process shots for this recipe. For detailed instructions refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1. Whisk the mayonnaise in a large cup.
2. Add lemon juice and whisk one more time.
3. Add the rest of the spices.
4. Whisk until mixed.
- Salads: This sauce will go perfectly with salads. Drizzle the sauce over salads such as Tuna Corn Salad, Chicken Ceasers Salad, mixed greens, coleslaw or any type of salad bowls.
- Grilled Meats: Serve this along with grilled meats such as chicken wings, seafood or steaks.
- Roasted Vegetables: Drizzle the dip on the roasted vegetable to enjoy them better.
- Breads: Enjoy this dip with a variety of breads such as this Chicken Bread or a simple naan such as Rohni Naan.
- Sandwiches/Burgers: Spread the dip on the bread slices for a good sandwich or a burger.
Yes you can certainly adjust the spices to you taste. If you like the sauce to be more spicier add more paprika powder and cayenne pepper. If you are not a fan of spices and cannot tolerate it, feel free to half the quantity of spices.
Yes you can easily substitute lime juice for lemon juice in this dip which will give it a tangier taste than lemon.
Yes, certainly. This is a fool proof recipe and you can easily double or triple the recipe that fits best to your need.
how to store
- Store the peri peri mayonnaise in an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator. It will stay good for up to a week.
- This peri peri sauce is not suitable to freeze as the dip will break up while thawing and change the texture.
related recipes to pair with
Did you make this recipe and loved it? Give it a 5-star 🌟 rating with a comment. Join our Now Delish newsletter to get a free ebook and weekly recipes. Stay connected on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Tiktok as well.
Peri Peri Mayonnaise
- ½ cup mayonnaise (full-fat) (115 g)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice (30 ml)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (chopped) (2.8 g)
- ½ teaspoon cayennd pepper (1.8 g)
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder (2.3 g)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Take a medium sized bowl or a glass and add the mayonnaise to it. Mix.
- Add lemon juice and whisk one more time.
- Add all the spices and mix until combined.