Peri Peri Mayonnaise is a 6 ingredient and 7 minutes flavor packed spicy dip inspired by the famous Nandos restaurant. This condiment is simple and will enhance the taste of anything you pair it with.
This version of mayonnaise is inspired by the famous South African Nandos restaurant found chain known across the globe for their grilled chicken basted with peri peri sauce.
Due to its affiliation with Nandos this creamy mayonnaise is also called Perinaise.
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- This condiment requires only 6 ingredients and 5 minutes and minimal effort.
- The smooth texture and creaminess of mayonnaise is paired with a unique chilly flavor that compliments lunches or dinners like this Lemon Pepper Drumsticks, Buffalo Chicken Thighs or Honey Lemon Pepper Wings.
- Enjoy it with a variety of sides such as these Masala Fries, salads or gyros.
Ingredients for Peri Peri Mayonnaise
- Mayonnaise is the key ingredient for this dip. I prefer full fat mayonnaise for best flavor.
- Cayenne Pepper is to give heat to this sauce.
Substitutions & Variations
- Vegan mayonnaise or light mayonnaise could be good alternates to full fat mayonnaise. The texture may be different though.
- Peri-peri chillies or green chillies can be used for cayenne pepper as well.
- To make this dip even spicier, add ½ teaspoon of Sriracha sauce to it.
How to Make Peri Peri Mayonnaise
1. Whisk the mayonnaise in a large cup.
2. Add lemon juice and whisk one more time.
3. Add the rest of the spices.
4. Whisk until mixed.
- Salads: This dip will go perfectly with salads. Drizzle the sauce over salads such as Tuna Corn Salad, Chicken Caesars Salad, mixed greens, coleslaw or any type of salad bowls.
- Grilled Meats: Serve this sauce along with grilled meats such as chicken wings, seafood or steaks.
- Roasted Vegetables: Drizzle the dip on the roasted vegetable to enjoy them better.
- Breads: Enjoy this dip with a variety of breads such as this Chicken Bread or a simple naan such as Rohni Naan.
- Sandwiches/Burgers: Spread the dip on the bread slices for a good sandwich or a burger.
Yes you can certainly adjust the spices to you taste. If you like the sauce to be more spicier add more paprika powder and cayenne pepper. If you are not a fan of spices and cannot tolerate it, feel free to half the quantity of spices.
Yes, certainly. This is a fool proof recipe and you can easily double or triple the recipe that best fits your need.
This peri peri sauce is not suitable to freeze as the dip will break up while thawing and change the texture.
How to Store
Store the dip in an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator. It will stay good for up to a week.
Peri Peri Mayonnaise
- ½ cup mayonnaise (full-fat) (115 g)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice (30 ml)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (chopped) (2.8 g)
- ½ teaspoon cayennd pepper (1.8 g)
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder (2.3 g)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Take a medium sized bowl or a glass and add the mayonnaise to it. Mix.
- Add lemon juice and whisk one more time.
- Add all the spices and mix until combined.